Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bulletins

I come to you with no great words of wisdom. Just updates and tall tales. Lets start with updates. Sara, I'm going to make references to previous blogs. I hope this helps you follow my ramblings a little better.

Remember the back to school directive, we'll I'm fading in October again. I don't know where my time or money has slipped away to but neither is with me. I'm fighting a terrible case of the blues. I have no reason to feel anything but content so I'm going through the motions and reminding myself to be grateful and hopeful. Remember the running, I'm up to three miles three times a week. I'm also up five pounds. Remember the acne, it's back. I may not even go to church tomorrow it looks so bad. I think the weight and skin thing might be contributing to the blue thing. I'll get over it soon. My friend Sara gave me a list of very nice attributes to cheer me up and then told me to take Zoloft. Ha!

What else? Oh yeah, did you hear? ER is soaring in the ratings. It has had some kind of comeback. Also, I just threw away a $10.00 bag of chicken breasts that sat in my frig uncooked all week. That speaks to the preplanned meals discussed in previous blogs. Oh yes, the remotes I programmed are holding up but the new telephone is a piece of junk. The kids are the same. I don't mean they are junk, I mean no big changes. MW just finished her soccer season. Her team had their only win today. CW's friends got wind of the blog and I've been forbidden to talk about him on my blog anymore. He paid me back by running through the house spraying his aerosol.

I don't know if I talked about it but MW's swim party went great! It was funded by Grandpa Chet and Tammy. It was hosted by Grandpa Johnny and Grandma Elise. The weather was perfect. Maybe, I'll post some pictures. I didn't take any so I need to get them from Grandpa.

Now for a tall tale. It's another dog story. Everyone should know I love dogs but have the worse luck with them. Our neighbors dog got out of their yard last week. MW caught him. She knocked on their door (which was way down the street). No one was home. We were late for a basketball practice so I drove down to pick her & the dog up to save time. I thought the dog could stay in our house until we got back. Needless to say, MW had stepped on dog poo and walked all around the minivan before realizing it. When we got back from the basketball event, the dog had messed on the tile floor. So this dog was in my care for two hours and I had to clean up after it as many times. Not to mention there was a dramatic encounter with our cat.

Some current events... my Dad will be undergoing angioplasty next week. I know some have been praying already, please continue. My baby brother turned two on 10/7. He needs a healthy Dad who can keep up with his Mom. Also, we have an exchange student coming in a couple of weeks. The boy is from Mexico and is the same age as CW. I'm a little nervous. He will be staying for ten days. CW will go to Mexico during Spring Break and stay with this boy's family. CW will only be allowed to speak Spanish while there. What else... CW's birthday is in a couple of weeks. I think it will involve a riding in a rented Hummer to a lunch and then to Laser Quest. Oh yes, I'm recovering from a nice case of Keratitis (inflammation of the cornea). Yes, it's because I didn't take my contacts out at night. Yes, I've learned my lesson. It's been two weeks since I've worn contacts and I can't wait to put them back in. The glasses just add the finishing touch when you are overweight and have acne.

Some other tidbits... my twenty year high school reunion just happened. I know everyone is shocked that I'm that old. I did catch up with my 10th/11th grade best friend. She actually attends the same church as me and our kids are at the same school. We weren't best friends in 12th grade for reasons not too clear to me but I'm just glad hurt feelings gave way to best wishes. When I look back, I don't think I really learned how to be a good friend until college. In High School, I liked a person but was still competitive with them. I got a bit of joy by outdoing them. That is completely gone. Now I just have a sincere wish for my friends success even if it is better or more than what I have or have done. If I feel a tinge on envy, I just remind myself... what they have is a gift from God and He has given me different gifts for different reasons.

I'm cutting this short, I have to go to bed and I still have to put sheets on it. I just want to mention that when Sara posts on her blog, she gets 3-5 comments instantly. So any silent readers out there...consider posting comments. What a minute!!! Did I just try to outdo my friend by getting more comments? Ohhhh, I'm laughing at myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger MattandSara said...

Now THAT is hysterical! As I'm reading that whole thing about competition and friends I'm thinking, "yep still competitive" and then you write that that is completely gone from your life...I disagreed silently. Then you wrote that last paragraph...I know you soooo well. By the way, it's a few hours after I emailed you about "you know what"....still upset but not irate anymore. We'll talk later.

2:03 PM  
Blogger MattandSara said...

And, EXCUSE ME, but I don't see you commenting on MY blog.

2:05 PM  
Blogger kdwalker said...

Now what a minute, I'm competitive but not with my friens. I can't think of any recent examples. Even if you can think of an example, I don't think you would say I'm "go for the throat of my friends" competitive nor would I begrudge my friends of their good fortune. If I have any ill will it is usually against myself. I wonder what's wrong with my brain or social skills that I couldn't do what they did.

3:26 PM  
Blogger MattandSara said...

You're definitely not "cut throat." What it probably is is that you are competitive with yourself and you see what someone else might have or be and wonder why you aren't that way....i.e. email this week. You are an excellent friend...one of the most loyal and best I've ever had....but you ARE still competitive by nature...a good kind, though.

4:37 PM  
Blogger M Holly said...

O.K. girls! I was excited to see at the bottom of Karen's blog that she had 4 ("FOUR") comments! Little did I know that it was JUST the two of you. I'll bet ya'll talk on the phone one minute, e-mail the next and then BLOG! Karen, I read your blogs all the time. I just don't respond to any blog very often. As Sara! Also, I can't imagine that you have a weight problem. Every time I've seen you, you've been nothing short of trim! And I'm serious! Now, the acne problem - I can't comment on. I just know that every now and then I get a zit and think "Wow, I must not be as old as I think I am!" Those teenage hormones are sticking around! I hope you can change your blue moods to happy green ones soon. Oh, and by the way. Sara is on a diet and can't understand why she doesn't seem to be loosing weight. Maybe it's because she stands on the scale every day instead of once a week! I truly don't see why either one of you should be concerned about your weight!

Have a happy day and a relaxing evening.

Holly (Sara's mom)

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home