Sunday, August 20, 2006

My week... get comfortable.

Week One of school is in the bag. I haven't counted the exact number left. I don't really want to know. This also means my Summer Break from church is over. Let it be known though, I did actually go more this Summer compared to previous Summers and I even helped in Sunday School three times.

It's good to be back. The adult Sunday School is sooo good. It's like going back to school for me too. I get to see other parents, church friends, and the same faithful staff. People have different haircuts. Some have new babies. All the kids have grown. It's a fresh start. I use to feel guilty about my Summer Break but then I gave myself permission to enjoy this rest. God knows my heart. I know without a doubt that He is OK with it because I have absolute peace about it. By May (starting in August), waking up 7 days a week and getting two kids "somewhere" every single morning begins to wear me down. Now, I'm good to go again. Everyone should take a breather, just keep tything.

I'm so happy that MW has moved up in Sunday School. She is in the same building as CW. I've been waiting for years for this convenience. Her class was in the daycare WAY across the campus which meant dropping her off then walking to the actual worship center then going back to get her then walking back to the worship center. Now I just walk across the sidewalk to get her. I really don't even have to pick her up anymore. She & CW meet me just outside the building. This is all so important when wearing heels.

MW is really impressing me. She has used her alarm clock every morning and emerged from her room fully dressed. CW has discovered the art of snoozing so much it actually stops alarming. Nevertheless, since we leave at the same time, we usually eat breakfeast together which seems to start the day right. Eating dinner together usually only happens 2-3 times a week. So breakfast has become our family meal.

Ok, I don't know how to cook. I use to say this but knew I was bluffing and could pull some dishes out. Somehow I even lost this ability so now I really don't know how to cook. Does anyone remember the homemade pizze with no pizza sauce story? So I never got the "plan a menu, make a shopping list, and swap receipes" thing. Well, the cooking light bulb has gone off. I so get it now. I decided to cook ahead of time to make the work week easier. I first learned (the hard way) to defrost the night before if you plan to cook on Sunday. Then I realized after assigning a meal to each day of the week that meals get boring. Hello receipes! I get it now. Then I realized that if cooking was going to be easy, I would need the petty, petty, little ingredients ahead of time. Hello shopping list! So I currently have 4 cups of chopped chicken and 2 cups of diced chicken waiting in the frig with... crap... I need to take the steak out to defrost. I wasn't kidding. I just took it out of the freezer. A certain somebody will be happy to know that I did buy organic milk so poor MW won't need a bra before the age of nine. We are also eating whole grain and fresh fruit and sipping on some green tea.

My friend Sara told me about Jeff Galloway so I looked him up on the web. He provides training programs for runners on his website. His plan sounded good so I started it this past week. Today was the day to run a complete mile after a week of "walk/runs" and crosstraining. I did it and it didn't hurt. Yea!! I stopped running for some reason right about the time Sara & I starting working together. Something I pointed out to her on a regular basis like it was her fault. So now I can always, rightly, thank her for getting me started again. Something else that stopped when Sara moved to SAT... water restrictions. Guess what? She moved away and we have water restrictions again. Thanks Sara. You have alot of power.

One more thing. I needed 3 continuing education hours on bioterrorism for my license. Did I do the online easy method? No, I signed up for a class which was yesterday. Within the first five minutes, I realize it isn't just a quick inservice, dinner lecture sort of thing... it's an actual certification course for "Basic Disaster Life Support". Like I need any more certifications. Well, 8 continuing education hours later, I'm certified to tell you, in the event of a nuclear event, if you have a reading of 450 rads in the first hour you will be triaged as "expectant". That means expectant to die! They won't even waste an adhesive bandage on you! By the way, I am planning to move to the country, invest in solar power, and subsitute my organic milk with iodine. Love to all!

3 Comments:

Blogger MattandSara said...

You crack me up. I'm glad MW won't be wearing a bra this year or next. I might just be inspired to go organic myself. I may be coming into town this weekend so SAT might have a flood. Get your rain gear out!! Also, warn the SWAT team.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Karen!
I hope you don't mind that I snooped on your blog. I found it from your comment to Sara. Your kids look really cute at chapel- so far that's the only time I've seen them. But, just for you I search for them to make sure they are behaving! =)
It was good to see you at church the other day. Thanks for spotting me and letting me crash your pew.
Jenny

5:15 PM  
Blogger kdwalker said...

Brother Matt: I forgot about that meal. Maybe I am still just bluffing.

Take-my-friend-away Matt & Sara: Hey, I have Monday off. I will be sleeping late Saturday though. No phone alerts at 0800 please.

Jenny: Now that I think about it, you can be a mole for me. Yea, good plan. Crash my pew anytime!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home