Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Week in the Life ( of a good life)

Here I am, another Sunday. Let me just say my pastors are GOOD! I listen to them in Sunday School and Church and I wish all my friends and family could hear what they are saying. It's like wanting to tell someone about a good book or TV show. Remember, I wasn't brought up in the church. I'm just a bit skeptical and I have memories of Jim Baker so they had a lot to overcome.

I'm sticking to Galloway's plan. The runs feel great and just as one would expect... I'm packing on the pounds. I cut back on the carbs. Now I need to cut portions and stop the little "rewards" I thought I could afford since I was burning more calories.

I'm not sure if the kids are doing really great or are on a path to a life of crime. CW only wants to play on the computer and any disruption only proves how "horrible" of a life he leads. He even lied about a homework assignment being done. Then I find out he has been late to computer class everyday because "cough, cough... I have to do my inhaler". There is an ongoing dispute regarding an alleged shove when MW went into his room. This year his teachers in Middle School are all about "email". If he sneezes, I know. So now I can fuss at him daily instead of once every six weeks (when report cards arrive).

MW loves to beat her brother at anything so her soaring grades and perfect handwriting are a welcome relief from six years of struggle with her brother. This is her first year to earn actual grades. She even picks out her clothes the night before. I did not suggest this. It was all her idea. I'm just happy when CW gets dressed and brushing his teeth is an added bonus. Getting ready the night before was not even considered. If it wasn't for her habit of stealing everything her brother owns and telling her entire class that we have puppies, kittens and horses to give away and getting her bestfriend in trouble at Church... I'd think she was doing very well.

So in the past two weeks: CW started guitar. He quit Scouts then took it back the next day. Confirmation classes started for him. MW had her first practice and soccer game. The star player broke his arm after practice so the first game was not a win. MW was there for the socializing anyway so no worries. Piano and Brownies also started. You know what else started? Birthday parties. Two in three weeks so far. Does this sound busy? The crazy thing is that I'm probably a slacker Mom compared to all the activities other kids are doing. At MW's game, one Mom was telling me her son had three games that day between the school's team and also playing with the YMCA.

I've continued with my cooking. Crab salad makes Colin gag apparently. Who knew? He loves spinach alfredo lasagna though. We catsat my brother's cats last weekend and this weekend we are dogsitting the kid's grandma's dog. The dog loves MW. He went with us just about everywhere. I was told this dog is a picky eater. However, as I laid in bed listening to the dog eat the catfood, it occured to me... the dog just hates his food. The only animal that likes the dogfood is CW's cat but only for five minutes which is about when she vomits it back up. My cats hated ALL the visiting animals and are glad to be rid of them.

Last weekend my Mom and Stepdad helped repair some leaking faucets. Then I refinished my frontdoor and caulked my tub (yes, I did it). We also visited with the kid's Aunt and cousins. This weekend we spent Friday helping my brother move from his third story apartment into his new home. My legs are screaming at me. CW did about three trips before declaring he was "exhuasted" so MW promptly demonstrated how well she carried things down. We stopped long enough to go to a PTA Howdy Hoedown which involved hayrides in the rain and a smelly ride home. Being troopers, we went back to help some more and stayed until 10:30 ish. The next day, I cooked some lasagna, cookies, salad and bread to take to his house where the rest of the family had already gathered. Under threat, I wouldn't let them eat until I got there and then made them eat my food. Today, we went back for a cook out. I did lose my temper twice in there somewhere and I'm sure I'll be paying hefty therapy bills for my children at some point.

We are in deep mourning because of Steve Irwin's death. You know, CW is a major reptile junky. We watched all his shows and watched as his family and zoo grew over the years. It is very sad to us. Now, 9-11 has arrived. Makes me ponder religion and politics and how to contribute to the world. Then before I complete a thought, my day-to-day life interrupts and it's another Sunday before I'm pondering again. What a blessing.

1 Comments:

Blogger MattandSara said...

Ok, you're excused from not blogging. Can anyone say "teenager" in regards to CW? Here they come.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home