Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Misadventures

Hello my friends. I pray this finds all well. Especially my family... ummm... especially the family I force fed during "the move". You know, at the time, a spinach salad seemed like a good idea. See!! This is the sort of thing that happens when I try to cook. Though I did make a delicious Red Bean Creole tonight. I even ventured away from the receipe a bit. The kids loved it.

Over the past weekend, I managed to buy and program two TV remotes. I even replaced my failing portable telephone. I thought I did it wrong so after two days of no phone I asked John to check it for me. I had accidently disconnected it from the jack. The complicated stuff I did right. I also worked in the yard pruning. This led to edging which then led to mowing. I was running out of daylight, but thought I could get it done quick enough. This estimation did not include the mower cutting out three times secondary to my decision to lower the blade two notches. As I struggled to push it uphill, my neighbor's words kept running through my head... "It might be hard to push if you move the notch more than one". I could barely see the grass by the time I finished. All I saw was dust flying. The next day, after blowing out the candle I left burning all night, I braced myself as I peered through the window blind. I was expecting a dust bowl, but the lawn looked fine. The reason I was determined to finish mowing even in the dark arrived later that night... over an inch of rain! Note to males: stop laughing.

I finished mowing and sweeping up the sidewalk (in the dark) and went inside to hear MW annoucing a crickett was in the bathroom. What this means in our house is not that a random insect has gotten in the house. It means that the pet lizard's food supply is loose. I had just purchased two dozen cricketts that day (right after buying the remotes). Hoping only one had gotten out of the cage, I ran to CW's room to check. Only two were left. Two dozen cricketts were free in my house. As of today, all but five have been located. Thank goodness we don't feed the lizard mice.

So I was on the radio today. It was "Top This Tuesday" where callers try to outdo the DJ's story. Today's story was about "Bad Children". I called in my story about trying to drive to Kentucky with my bestfriend at the age of eleven. I didn't win but did get an honorable mention. CW is eleven. The idea of sneaking out of the house, driving a truck to a friend's house with a plan to drive to Kentucky would never enter his mind. Now, MW I'd worry about. If any parents of MW's friends are reading this...I promise to always supervise my daughter when she is with your child.

I think this blog compensates for lack of adult conversation. Once I get going it is hard to stop. Luckily for everyone, life makes it challenging to "get going". If people knew some of the things that go through my head. If people knew some of the things I hold true or some of the things I won't abide....I guess I imagine alot of headshaking. Will I still share? Why not? It's my blog. Just a preview.... a vocabulary word for next time...synesthesia.

Postscript: What is going on in Thailand? The prime minister is in New York meeting with the United Nations and an uprising against the government takes place. You know when I get back home from an out of town trip, I usually just worry about getting my laundry done.

1 Comments:

Blogger MattandSara said...

Are you REALLY going to share your "secret" for all to see? Don't forget about the patient who matched her fever.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home